Rita Robinette brings a unique perspective and diverse professional skills to any cultural heritage tourism development or planning team, including market research, strategic planning, product development, and marketing. She has the communication and project management skills required to be an effective project leader, including:.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills, including working with corporate decision-makers, government agencies, small business and professional groups;
- Extensive strategic planning experience, including market research, feasibility analyses, and strategy execution;
- Product development and marketing expertise, including effective strategic marketing and implementation plans;
- Hands-on experience with information architecture and Internet technologies, including the design and development of web-based applications and tools; and,
- Superior management and organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple and team-based projects.
- Senior consultant and project manager on projects for clients such as the Tennessee Economic Development Center, the SC Ports Authority, Tennessee Overhill Heritage Organization, the Ward Melville Heritage Organization, the Richland County Conservation Commission and AdvantageWest (Western North Carolina Partnership for Economic Development).
- Directed product development initiatives and special projects for a 23-county regional non-profit economic development organization
- Administrator of a regional network representing more than 75 organizations, including economic developers, private sector allies, and local and state government; increased membership from 50 to 175+ individuals;
- Conducted surveys and presented workshops for professional organizations and Main Street programs
- Participated in multi-organizational teams; provided leadership on projects requiring the valuable assistance of volunteers; worked closely with corporate decision-makers and government, and participated in regional and statewide committees aimed at developing technology-based growth strategies
- Conducted marketing and economic studies of numerous Southeast and Mid-Atlantic markets, including Atlanta, Charleston, and Columbia SC, Louisville KY, and Knoxville TN
- Developed a cultural heritage resource management plan for Richland County SC and developed a searchable online inventory of county historic buildings and sites