Inventory Survey of Your Area’s Natural, Cultural and Heritage Resources
Visitors and local citizens desire an opportunity to discover, explore, and experience the natural, historical, and cultural heritage attractions in your community, county, region, or National Heritage Area. Now, more than ever, they are seeking authentic experiences and a more in-depth view of local cultural and heritage.
Cultural and heritage resources are recognized worldwide as important assets to be preserved, managed, and promoted. These resources can encompass a wide variety of artifacts, events, ways of life, and historical themes. The primary goal of the inventory process is to capture current information about a community’s or heritage area’s heritage tourism attractions to understand the extent to which sites are (or are not) ready for visitors.
Inventory Assessment & Management Tools
- Cultural & Historic Sites – Museums, Art Galleries, Cultural Centers, Arts & Crafts Shops, and Antique Shops, and Cultural Sites; Historic Places, Historic Buildings, Historic Monuments, Archaeological Sites, Graveyards, and Historic Markers
- Natural Sites & Parks – Scenes, Routes, Greenways, Treks and Trails, Parks & Outdoor Recreational Facilities
- People – Musicians, Performers, Poets, Artists, Folklorists and Storytellers
- Stories – Folk Stories, Tall Tales, and Urban Legends
- Agricultural, Aquaculture & Fishing – Farms, Orchards, Gardens, Vineyards, Fisheries & Fish Markets
These tools were developed to help communities inventory and manage their natural, cultural and historic resources during the Cultural Heritage Resource Survey and Planning phase. If you already have a resource inventory, but it is in a static document or computer database, Heritage Explorer is a great tool to make the information come alive and become fully sharable and searchable online. They can be used to promote Cultural Heritage Resources by making them available online to your partners or the public via an interactive website.
Call (828) 698-0780 or Contact Us by Email